One that she shared a few weeks ago is this cabbage soup recipe. I'm posting it because A) it will be easier for me to find it later, and 2) it's really yummy. We all liked it - even the kiddos. And Stephen liked it even better when he realized it wasn't supposed to be chili. (Ha!) Plus, it froze and re-heated well - a definite bonus in my book.
|When I make this again, I'll take a photo and put it here!|
Beef and Cabbage Soup
- 1 T butter
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced (My mom's recipe didn't include this or the carrots, but I thought that if it had celery, squeezing in these two extra veggies would probably good, too.)
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 16 oz. can kidney beans, including liquid
- 1 28 oz. can tomatoes, including liquid (I used fire-roasted tomatoes.)
- 1 tomato can full of water
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped
- 2 cubes of beef bouillon
- In a large pot, over medium heat, sauté celery, carrots, and onion in butter until onions are translucent, stirring often.
- Add ground beef and brown. Drain.
- Add all other ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour. Enjoy!